Sunday, February 3, 2013

CommunAuto

I tried this scheme last year as a second car alternative.

I cannot recommend it. Why?  because there are no one-way journeys allowed so 99% of intended journeys are useless for this scheme.

If you don't have a car and need it to pick stuff up then great or do little day trips, knock yourself out.  Otherwise it is a waste of time.  Great idea but it needs more work.  Until then take a taxi.  It is NOT the car equivalent of a bixi which is what they misled me  to believe (OK misled is strong, but they are not overly explicit that the car has to return to start point).

I have other gripes but that is the main one.  other similar schemes in other countries can manage to redistribute the car fleet throughout the day I don't know why these lot can't.

No comments: